2020 is probably the most interesting year over the past decade due to the COVID-19 global crisis, which altered people’s lives from the ground up. Here is the top SEO news for Week 27 (June 29 – July 5, 2020).
- Bing top ranking factors listed in new guidelines
- Voice search volumes hit a plateau (Perficient Digital survey)
1. Bing top ranking factors listed in new guidelines
During the last week of July, Bing announced its top ranking factors for websites. As you may see, they are quite similar to Google’s:
- Content relevance
- Local relevance (geo-location)
- Quality & Credibility
- Page speed
Source: Bing Webmaster Guidelines
2. Voice search volumes hit a plateau (Perficient Digital survey)
According to the company, a survey conducted over four years including 1,000 U.S. adults shows that voice search volumes on mobile phones have hit a plateau. Voice search ranked fourth after search app, browser and search bar on the phone.
Additionally, smart speakers’ voice function is also in danger: 56% use voice search function less than twice per week.